Where the sea so warm and rays are pretty…
In the age when traveling is all about reaching a destination – a trip to Maldives is a big bright adventure. Start with careful packing – think ridiculous bikinis, speedos, tuxedos and gowns (for after 6), as every second of the island life is a perfect photo-opportunity. Tip: the sun is killer – invest in serious sunblock (SPF 100) are cover-it-all swimwear for snorkeling. Fly high and keep your eyes open!
The only downer on arrival is an endless queue at passport control. Business class passengers and families with kids are given a priority – use your time wisely and blend in with the right crowd 🙂
Banyan Tree resort is 20 minutes on a boat away from the airport, so after a breezy trip, a very quick and pleasant check in, one is ready to par-ty.
Maldives is known for unforgettable, aquarium-like snorkeling and diving adventures. Surrounding coral reefs are inhabited by all sort of creatures – rays, barracudas, exotic fish, turtles, sharks, octopus, girls in tight suits and so many, many more. Banyan Tree diving center provided masks and fins for no extra charge. Tip: ask for a life-jacket to wear on your snorkeling expedition for extra confidence and comfort (saves back from sun-burns too).
The best part about the Banyan Tree resort – you can swim directly off the beach to discover the treasures of the Indian ocean. The water is slightly lower than a body temperature reflects all shadows of blue creating a fancy aquarium effect. Just jump in and keep your eyes open to be amazed. When the time comes to get onshore, there is so much to do and experience! Here is my selection of things you need to try at Banyan Tree.
1. Wake-up with the sun for a fragrant self-brewed coffee experience in a batik gown:
2. Indulge in a non-sharable exotic breakfast:
3. Walk on the softest white sand late in the afternoon and let the disappearing sun bronze your skin a little:
4. Did not burn all the energy swimming? There is plenty of space on the island for all type of outdoor exercises, including energetic Zumba moves:
Or questionable skipping:
5. Spend evenings sipping refreshing cocktails (because you deserve an exotic Margarita). Keep an eye for happy hours:
6. Sunbath. Literally:
7. Participate in sting-rays feeding show or visit a real Marine Lab on the island and sponsor your own coral garden:
8. Watch sunset and re-watch the sunset:
9. Share your happy moment with the world – Instagram’em:
10. Learn to cat-walk (a very helpful skill):
11. Pick a new hobby – full moon, night-time photography for instance:
The milky-way is just a mile away:
12. Hide from early afternoon sunshine:
There is plenty of shade at any time of the day:
13. Enjoy the “golden-hour” in full glory:
Never say good-bye. See you soon Maldives!
Stalk me on Instagram and Facebook and get inspired:
- Wearing Zumba activewear
- More about Banyan Tree Maldives